Looking for an affordable holiday with the Sun's £9.50 deals? This guide will show you…
Wondering if the Disney Dining Plan is right for your holiday goals and budget? This guide makes it easy to understand what the plan includes, from quick bites to special dining experiences.
Disney Dining Plan Options
Disney offers a range of dining plans to suit your tastes and budget. Whether you’re a fan of quick bites or prefer leisurely meals, there’s a plan tailored for you. Let’s delve into these plans and discover where they can be used.
The Quick-Service Disney Dining Plan is ideal if you prefer simplicity and flexibility. This plan provides two quick meals and one snack each day, ensuring you’re always fuelled for fun.
If you enjoy a balance of fast meals and sit-down dining, the Standard Disney Dining Plan is a great choice. It includes one sit-down meal, one quick meal, and two snacks daily.
The highlight is that your meal plan is accepted at over 200 locations throughout Walt Disney World, including the four main parks, two water parks, Disney Springs, and Disney hotels.
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan offers Disney Resort guests a variety of casual dining options. Here’s what each member of your party (aged 3 and over) can expect each night of their stay:
- 2 Quick-Service Meals: Each Quick-Service meal includes a main course and a drink. Choose from a range of options, from light, healthy bites to family favourites like pasta, sandwiches, burgers, and salads.
- 1 Drink per Meal: Accompany your meal with a selection of non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverages (for Guests over 21). This includes milkshakes, smoothies, mocktails, sodas, beer, cider, most wines, sangria, and speciality cocktails.
- 1 Selected Snack or Drink: Redeem your snack entitlements for a single serving of items such as soft drinks, water bottles, fresh fruit, and ice cream at Quick-Service restaurants, most outdoor carts, and select merchandise locations.
- Resort-Refillable Mug: Each Guest aged 3 and over receives a refillable drink mug, eligible for refills at beverage islands at self-service locations at any Disney Resort hotel.
So, whether you fancy a burger at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe or a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle, the Quick-Service plan has you covered.
Disney Dining Plan
If you enjoy the experience of a sit-down meal amidst the magic of Disney, the Standard Disney Dining Plan could be your ideal choice!
This plan includes:
- 1 Table-Service Meal: From themed dining rooms to character appearances, each table-service meal is a unique experience. You can choose from a variety of restaurants across the Disney parks and resorts, each offering a unique menu and ambiance.
- 1 Quick-Service Meal: Perfect for those on-the-go moments, the quick-service meal offers a wide range of options. Whether you’re in the mood for a burger, pizza, or a salad, there’s something for everyone. Plus, with numerous quick-service restaurants scattered across the parks and resorts, you’re never far from your next meal.
- 2 Snacks or Drinks: Stay refreshed and energised throughout the day with your choice of two snacks or drinks. From popcorn to Disney’s famous Dole Whip, the options are plentiful and sure to satisfy.
The Standard Disney Dining Plan opens up a world of dining experiences. Have you ever dreamt of dining with Disney characters? With this plan, it’s not just possible, it’s part of the experience.
- Need Park Tickets? Cheapest Places to Buy Orlando Theme Park Tickets in the UK
Understanding Your Disney Dining Plan Credits
The Disney Dining Plan stands out for its flexibility, allowing guests to utilise their credits at their own pace throughout their stay, without the restriction of a daily limit.
Disney Dining Plan credits are divided into three categories:
- Quick Service Meals
- Table Service Meals
This ensures you have a wide variety of dining options to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a full meal at a table service restaurant, a quick bite on the go, or a snack to keep you fuelled during your park adventures, you’re covered.
Plus, each guest aged 3 and over receives a resort-refillable drink mug, which can be filled at self-service beverage islands at Disney Resort hotels.
Just remember, meal credits can’t be transferred between party members and must be used before midnight on the day of checkout.
Keeping Track of Meal Credits
With so many things to see and do at Walt Disney World Resort, it’s important to keep an eye on your dining credits. Wondering how to track them? The easiest way is through the My Disney Experience app. This app doesn’t just update you on ride wait times and park hours, it also helps you monitor your dining credits.
If you’re someone who likes having a physical copy, you’re in luck. Your receipt will show how many Dining Plan credits you have left each time you buy something. You can also get this info at any restaurant or guest services desk.
Just a heads up: your meal credits, along with any snack credits and your refillable mug benefit, will expire at midnight on the day you checkout.
So make sure to use them before they’re gone!
Table Service Restaurant Reservations
Got your Disney Dining Plan ready? Awesome! Now it’s time to make sure you get a seat at the restaurants you’re excited to try. With so many tasty options at Disney World, you’ll want to secure your spots early.
Booking your restaurant visits 60 days before your trip starts is a smart move. Sometimes, finding a table can be tricky because restaurants get busy or there might not be enough staff. But there’s good news! You can search for open tables using the Disney website.
If you’re eyeing a popular spot, keep checking back in case someone cancels their reservation. And if there’s a restaurant you just can’t miss, make it a priority to book that one early or look for other days that might have availability.
Planning ahead is key, so start scheduling those must-visit dining spots as soon as your booking window opens!
- Planning your Trip? Learn the Best Time to Visit Orlando!
How to Book Your Dining Reservations
Booking your dining reservations with the My Disney Experience app is straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Install the My Disney Experience app and link a credit card to your account. This card won’t be charged; it’s just to hold your reservation.
- You can make reservations starting 60 days before your visit, or 70 days in advance if you’re staying at a Disney Resort.
- To book, select ‘Reserve Dining’ on the restaurant’s page in the app, then choose your party size, date, and time.
- For a general search, tap the ‘+’ sign, pick ‘Check Dining Availability’, and enter your details.
- Be quick! You have 10 minutes to complete your reservation once you start.
- Add any special requests like celebration cakes, dietary needs, or wheelchair-accessible seating.
- If your group size or needs change, update your reservation in the app.
- To avoid a fee, cancel your reservation at least two hours before the time if your plans change.
Easy Tips for Dining at Popular Disney Restaurants
When you’re planning where to eat at Disney World, it’s not just about picking a restaurant; it’s about ensuring you can get into the busy ones. Take Cinderella’s Royal Table, for example, it’s a favourite and gets booked up fast.
To have a chance at eating there, you need to be on your toes and ready to make a reservation as soon as the 60-day mark hits before your trip starts. But don’t worry if you’re not the type to plan way ahead. You can still have a good shot at getting a table if you’re flexible with eating at different times or on different days.
So, whether you’re all about meeting Cinderella or just want to have a fancy dinner, these simple tips can help you get into those popular spots like Cinderella’s Royal Table.
Dining with Dietary Restrictions
Disney takes great care to cater to guests with special dietary needs. So, whether you have food allergies or follow a vegetarian diet, you can still enjoy a variety of delicious options at Walt Disney World Resort.
When making dining reservations, simply advise Disney about your dietary needs. Upon arrival at the dining location, you have the option to:
- Speak with a chef or manager. They will be happy to assist you with any questions or special requests you may have.
- Use the Mobile Dine Check-In feature on the My Disney Experience app to specify special dietary requests when checking in for your reservation.
- Look for the Mickey Check symbol on Disney menus. It highlights food and beverage choices that support a healthy lifestyle and comply with Disney’s nutritional guidelines.
And for vegans, don’t hesitate to ask for options not listed on the menu or request meal customisations. Many table service restaurants even provide a separate vegan menu, as well as a children’s menu.
So, rest assured, your dietary needs will be well taken care of at Disney.
Is the Disney Dining Plan a Good Choice for You?
Figuring out if the Disney Dining Plan is a good match for you is all about looking at your family’s eating habits and holiday style. It’s not a one-plan-fits-all situation, so consider what works best for you.
If your family enjoys dining out and trying various restaurants, including the more upscale ones, the Disney Dining Plan can be a smart way to manage your food budget. But if you’re someone who prefers smaller meals or snacks throughout the day, you might not get the full benefit from all the meal credits you’re given.
Keep in mind that the top-tier restaurants use up two meal credits at once, which could affect whether you feel you’re getting a good deal.
One of the biggest advantages of the Disney Dining Plan is how it simplifies your holiday. By paying for your meals ahead of time, you don’t have to think about meal costs while you’re enjoying the parks.
If you’re the type of person who likes having all your meals planned out and prepaid, then the Disney Dining Plan could be just the thing to make your Disney trip even more magical.
Additional Dining Experiences to Make Your Visit Extra Special
The Disney Dining Plan offers a variety of special dining experiences that elevate your time at the parks.
Here are some of the unique dining adventures you can enjoy:
- Enjoy a lively atmosphere with family-style meals and live shows at Disney’s Dinner Shows.
- Treat yourself to an exclusive in-room dining experience at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Meet your favourite characters during meals at Character Dining and Fine/Signature Dining Restaurants.
These special experiences count as two Table-Service meals per person on your plan.
So why not make your dining at Disney even more special with these magical options?
The Disney Dining Plan offers an array of choices to suit every palate, providing convenience and a touch of magic to your dining experiences.
Whether you’re a foodie seeking culinary delights or a family looking to create cherished memories over shared meals, the Disney Dining Plan is a valuable addition to your holiday planning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still Got Questions about the Disney Dining Plan? Check out our FAQ section below.
What is the Disney Dining Plan and how does it work?
The Disney Dining Plan is a meal plan option available to guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel, offering a convenient way to enjoy meals and snacks across Walt Disney World Resort. It includes quick service meals, table service meals, and snacks, allowing guests flexibility and ease in dining at over 200 dining locations, including table service restaurants, quick service restaurants, and special dining events.
Can I use the Disney Dining Plan at Cinderella’s Royal Table?
Yes, you can use the Disney Dining Plan at Cinderella’s Royal Table and other character dining locations. However, dining at this iconic location requires two table service meal credits per person due to its special dining experience.
How do I make dining reservations with my Disney Dining Plan?
Guests can make dining reservations up to 60 days in advance through the My Disney Experience app. For those staying at a Disney Resort hotel, the window extends, allowing earlier bookings. Reservations are highly recommended for table service restaurants, including popular spots like Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
What does a table service meal include on the Disney Dining Plan?
A table service meal on the Disney Dining Plan typically includes an entrée, dessert (excluding breakfast), and a beverage, which can be non-alcoholic or, for guests over 21, an alcoholic option. Family-style dining, buffets, and special dining events may have different inclusions.
Is private in-room dining available with the Disney Dining Plan?
Private in-room dining is available at select Disney Resort hotels, including Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. It counts as two table service meals from your plan credits.
Can I use the Disney Dining Plan if I have special dietary requests?
Absolutely, special dietary requests are accommodated at most dining locations within Walt Disney World Resort. Guests should indicate their dietary needs when making dining reservations and can also speak directly with a chef upon arrival at the restaurant.
How can I maximise the value of my Disney Dining Plan?
To maximise value, use your table service meal credits at higher-priced dining locations or for character dining experiences that require two credits. Opt for special dining events and signature dining restaurants to get the most out of your plan.
Are quick service meals included in the Disney Dining Plan?
Yes, the Disney Dining Plan includes quick service meals, which consist of an entrée and a beverage. The quick service dining plan is ideal for guests looking to enjoy casual meals with the flexibility of not needing dining reservations.
Is the Disney Dining Plan worth it for families?
Whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for families depends on their dining preferences and holiday style. For those who enjoy table service meals and character dining, it offers great value and convenience. Families should consider their eating habits and whether they prefer quick service options or more elegant table service meals to decide if it’s a good fit.