Welcome to our ultimate guide to the MSC Cruises fleet. Here, we'll provide you with…
Are you considering a P&O Cruise for your next holiday? If so, you’re probably wondering what’s included in the price and whether these P&O cruises are all-inclusive.
Look no further, as we have the answers to your questions right here!
P&O Cruise Packages
P&O Cruises offer three fares to cater to different preferences and budgets:
- Select Price
- Early Saver
Each fare type comes with its own set of inclusions.
When you book a P&O Cruise, you can expect comfortable accommodation, delicious meals at the main dining rooms, thrilling live entertainment, and access to most onboard facilities as part of your package.
Plus, with daily activities and events designed for all ages, there’s never a dull moment on a P&O cruise ship.
Are P&O cruises all inclusive?
While P&O cruises provide an impressive array of inclusions, additional extras may come at an additional cost. These include speciality dining experiences, spa treatments, shore excursions, and premium drinks packages. However, with the wealth of options already covered in your fare, you’ll find that these extras are simply the cherry on top of an unforgettable cruise.
So, sit back, relax, and let’s dive into P&O cruise deals and find out what’s included in your cruise fare.
P&O Cruises What’s included in the Price, and what costs extra?
Here we cover what’s included when you book a P&O Cruise.
Accommodation on P&O Cruises:
When booking a P&O Cruise, several accommodation options are available to suit your preferences. Each cabin type offers its unique features and pricing.
- Inside cabins: These are the cheapest cabins, featuring no windows.
- Sea view cabins: These include a window or porthole to view the ocean.
- Balcony cabins: Equipped with a private balcony, guests can enjoy the sea view in privacy.
- Suites: VIP accommodation with added perks, including fresh fruit, champagne, chocolates, bathrobe and slippers, and much more.
Comforts in All Cabins:
- En-suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Toiletries pack
Cabin Booking Options:
Select Fare: This allows you to choose the exact cabin you prefer, along with the option to select your cabin number.
Saver and Early Saver Fares: You’ll be assigned a cabin number within the chosen cabin types.
- Free upgrades (like from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin) may be offered.
- Upgrades are prioritized for Select Fare guests first, followed by Extra Saver Fare guests, and lastly, Saver Fare guests.
Food on P&O Cruises:
P&O Cruises offer a delightful culinary experience with a wide variety of food options included in your cruise fare.
- Inclusive dining options: Your P&O Cruise ship fare includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and snacks in various venues.
- Speciality restaurants: Each ship has speciality restaurants where you can dine for a set fee, offering a unique and memorable meal experience.
- Menus cater to special diets: P&O Cruises’ menus change daily and accommodate special dietary needs, ensuring all passengers enjoy their meals.
- Additional food options with extra payment: While most dining options are included, there are speciality dining venues, cafes, and ice cream shops that require additional payment.
Included Food Options on P&O Cruises
- Main Dining Room: Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a formal setting.
- Buffet Restaurant: A casual option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including early tea for kids.
- The Quays: A multi-venue food court available on Iona and Arvia ships.
- Casual Snack Bars: Grab sandwiches, salads, fruit, cakes, and other light bites.
- Poolside Grill: Feast on burgers, chips, hot dogs, pizzas, and more.
- Poolside Pizzeria: Savour handmade stone-baked pizza slices.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in finger sandwiches, scones, tea, and coffee.
Additional Food Options Requiring Extra Payment
- Speciality Dining: Experience global cuisine at restaurants with cover charges.
- Market Cafe: Treat yourself to cakes, crepes, waffles, and biscuits.
- Ice Cream: Enjoy a frozen treat outside of mealtimes for an extra charge.
Speciality dining venues vary by ship but favourites like Sindhu Indian restaurant are available on every P&O Cruise ship. Cover charges range from £7.50 per person at The Beach House to £30.00 per person at The Epicurean. While children are welcome in speciality restaurants, there are no separate menus or prices for them.
Drinks on P&O Cruises:
You’ll be happy to know that some drinks are available free of charge during your cruise. Included in the price:
- Glasses of water
- Fruit juices during breakfast
Now, you might be wondering about other beverages. Well, guests can add drinks like alcohol or soft drinks to their bill individually and pay for them at the end of the cruise. However, if you’d prefer to make your cruise all-inclusive, you can purchase a drinks package instead.
P&O Cruises offer four different drink packages to choose from. The choice is yours, and it entirely depends on your taste and how much you plan to drink while on board. These packages are divided into four categories – beer, wine, and spirits; soft drinks; premium drinks; and cocktails.
Just keep in mind that you’ll need to decide whether to buy a drinks package or pay for alcohol and soft drinks individually when booking your cruise.
Room Service on P&O Cruises:
One of the great rewards of staying on a P&O Cruise is the convenience of room service. For breakfast, it’s completely free of charge and available from 7 am to 11 am. You can enjoy a variety of items such as fruit juices, smoothies, yoghurt, cereals, fruits, pastries, toast, and a Panini with sausage, bacon, and tomato. To order your complimentary breakfast, mark your preferred items and delivery time on a card and hang it outside your door.
Please note that after 11 am, room service comes with additional charges. However, the prices are pretty reasonable. The menu includes a wide range of options like:
- Baguettes with salad and crisps
- Wraps with fries and tabbouleh salad
- Speciality sandwiches with fries
- Kids sandwiches with orange juice, yoghurt, and brownie
- Soups and salads
- Small plates (starters)
- Large plates (mains)
- Sharing plates
- Healthy salads and omelettes
- Cream tea, desserts, sides, cookies, brownies, muffins, and doughnuts
You can also order drinks through room service. Nevertheless, remember that there is an extra charge for items from the minibar which are not included in the drinks package. If you’d like to use the fridge for your drinks, ask your cabin steward to empty the minibar.
P&O Cruises allow guests to bring up to one litre of alcohol and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. You can even bring extra non-alcoholic drinks from each port of call and store them in the minibar.
Entertainment on P&O Cruises:
P&O Cruises offer a vast array of entertainment options available throughout the day and evening at no extra cost. You’ll never run out of things to do and see while on board!
Guests receive a daily program called Horizon, which provides details of activities and entertainment for the following day. This way, you can plan your day according to your interests and preferences.
Included entertainment on P&O Cruises features a diverse line-up that caters to various tastes. Some of the exciting offerings include:
- West End-style theatre performances: Enjoy dazzling productions that rival those in London’s West End.
- Cinema screenings: Catch the latest blockbuster movies or timeless classics in a comfortable setting.
- Comedians: Laugh the night away with hilarious stand-up routines from talented comedians.
- Live music and tribute act: Sing along to your favourite tunes performed by skilled musicians and tribute artists.
- Cabaret shows: Be mesmerised by stunning cabaret performances that showcase incredible talent and creativity.
- Musicians and acrobats: Witness breathtaking feats of strength and agility, as well as enchanting musical performances.
- Nightclub: Dance the night away at the onboard nightclub, featuring a lively atmosphere and upbeat music.
The best part? There is no charge to watch any of the shows on P&O Cruises!
Activities on P&O Cruises:
A P&O Cruise isn’t complete without exploring the many available activities in their cruise fare. These complimentary activities cater to different interests and age groups, providing something for everyone onboard.
Included activities on P&O Cruises are:
- Swimming pools and hot tubs for relaxation
- Gym and fitness classes to stay active
- Running track for jogging enthusiasts
- Sports courts for football, basketball, and tennis
- Golf nets for golf lovers
- Deck quoits, shuffleboard, darts, and table tennis for friendly competition
- Dance classes to learn new moves
- Cardroom and bridge classes for socialising and mental stimulation
- Pub quizzes, family discos, and sports tournaments for group fun
- Seminars with guest speakers for learning and enrichment
- Library for quiet reading and relaxation
- Kids’ bingo to keep the little ones entertained
Some activities require an additional fee, usually due to limited group sizes or the provision of take-home items like photos or souvenirs. These extra-charge activities include:
- Spa services, thermal suite, saunas, and steam rooms
- Hair and beauty services
- Casino and arcades
- Cooking classes and art classes
- Art auctions
- Shopping for clothing, perfume, jewellery, and souvenirs
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Professional photo shoots
- One-on-one dance tuition
Kids’ clubs on P&O Cruises:
To ensure a fun and memorable experience for the little ones, P&O Cruises proudly offers The Reef Children’s Club a complimentary kids’ club throughout the day. Open from just after breakfast until late evening, The Reef provides engaging activities for children, with breaks scheduled during mealtimes.
The Reef Children’s Club is thoughtfully divided into four age groups. These are:
- Splashers (2-4 years old)
- Surfers (5-8 years old)
- Scubas (9-12 years old)
- And H2O/The Scene (13-17 years old).
The groups ensure that each child can enjoy age-appropriate activities and make new friends within their peer group. However, the age groups may be combined during cruises outside school holidays, with fewer children on board.
Kids can look forward to many activities in The Reef, including arts and crafts, soft play, sports tournaments, quizzes, karaoke, game consoles, and movie nights, ensuring endless entertainment.
Besides the kids’ clubs, P&O Cruises offers a free night nursery service for children aged four and under. This group babysitting service, operating between 6 pm and 2 am, is available for sleeping children on a first-come, first-served basis, providing parents with some well-deserved relaxation time.
Service Fees on P&O Cruises:
P&O Cruises makes the holiday experience hassle-free by including service charges, also known as gratuities, in the cruise fare. That means guests won’t receive a bill for gratuities at the end of their cruise. Additionally, there is no service charge when purchasing drinks on the cruise.
Tipping staff is not required or expected, as tips are already incorporated into the cruise fare. However, if guests wish to express their appreciation to specific staff members, such as cabin stewards or servers, they’re welcome to do so.
For those who prefer to bring their wine on board, a corkage fee of £20 per bottle applies when consuming it in public areas. Guests can enjoy their alcohol in their cabins without incurring additional charges.
Wi-Fi on P&O Cruises:
Another fantastic feature of P&O Cruises is Wi-Fi internet that lets you stay connected with your loved ones and share your incredible journey while sailing the high seas. However, it comes at an extra cost.
When in port, passengers can use 3G, 4G, or 5G networks to access the internet, but it’s crucial to switch off data while at sea to avoid hefty fees, as data roaming at sea can be pretty costly.
To cater to different needs, P&O Cruises offers two Wi-Fi packages:
- My Wi-Fi Essential: Ideal for web browsing, email, music streaming, social media, text, and images (excluding videos)
- My Wi-Fi Ultimate: Encompasses all the features of Essential plus video streaming capabilities
Passengers have the option to purchase Wi-Fi either for 24 hours or for the entire duration of the cruise. The prices are as follows:
- £18 for a 24-hour package
- £12 per day for an entire cruise package
For those who need internet access for medical reasons, such as continuous glucose monitoring devices for diabetes, a complimentary 100-minute internet voucher can be requested at the reception desk on board.
P&O Cruises ensures that passengers enjoy a comfortable and hassle-free voyage by offering two convenient options for laundry: self-service laundrettes and professional laundry services.
Self-service Laundrettes (Free):
These complimentary facilities, found on most cabin decks, are equipped with washing machines, tumble dryers, sinks, irons, and ironing boards for passenger use. To avoid queues, do your laundry early in the morning or evening, as they tend to get busy on sea days. However, please note that the laundrettes are closed between 10 pm and 8 am to prevent disturbance to people in nearby cabins. While bringing your own 2-in-1 washing tablets is advisable, you can also purchase them at the onboard shop if needed.
Professional Laundry Services (At a fee):
For those who prefer a more hands-off approach, P&O Cruises offers professional laundry services at an additional cost. These services include washing, pressing, and dry cleaning of your items. Hand your laundry to your cabin steward before 10 am to ensure same-day return. Charges for professional cleaning are applied per item, but keep an eye out for special offers on longer cruises that allow for multiple items at discounted rates.
Flights and Overseas Transfers on P&O Cruise:
When booking a P&O Cruise, it’s essential to understand the options and details regarding flights and overseas transfers. Here’s what you need to know:
- Cruise Holidays and Fly-Cruise Packages: P&O Cruises offers both cruise-only holidays and fly-cruise packages. If your cruise departs from a port outside of the UK, flights and overseas transfers are usually included in the package cost.
- Arranging Your Own Flights: Passengers can arrange their own flights or have a travel agent do it for them instead of using the package flight provided by P&O Cruises.
- Ship Waiting Policy: If you choose to travel on a P&O Cruises flight and it’s delayed, the ship will wait for you. However, if you book your own flight and it’s delayed, the ship won’t wait, and you’ll be responsible for catching up with the ship at your own expense.
- Departure Cities: P&O Cruises offers flights from various UK cities, including Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Glasgow, London, Manchester, and Newcastle. There may be a supplement for regional departures outside of London.
- Flight Upgrades: Passengers can pay extra to upgrade their flight to premium economy, business class, or first class, depending on availability and the airline’s policies.
Remember to inform P&O Cruises of any special requirements or assistance needed during the booking process, such as wheelchair assistance or dietary restrictions, to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience throughout your journey.
Transfers to Southampton Cruise Terminal:
P&O Cruises also offers a variety of transfer options from London to Southampton Cruise Terminal based on the fare type chosen (Select Fare, Saver Fare, or Early Saver Fare). Here’s a breakdown of what each fare type offers regarding transfers to Southampton:
For cruises of seven nights or more departing from Southampton, Select Fare offers the following options:
- Return Coach Travel: Passengers can choose return coach travel to Southampton from a local pick-up point.
- Free Parking or Onboard Credit: Alternatively, passengers can opt for free car parking in Southampton or additional onboard spending money. That allows for flexibility in transfer arrangements, depending on personal preferences and needs.
Saver and Early Saver Fares:
Passengers who book a Saver or Early Saver Fare must make their own way to Southampton. These fares do not include transfer options, so passengers must arrange transportation independently.
P&O Cruises can also arrange internal flights from regional UK airports for an extra cost for cruises departing from Southampton. This option can be selected when booking or added before departure.
Shuttles buses in port:
At each port of call, P&O Cruises offers a complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the cruise terminal for Select Fare passengers. The buses run regularly throughout the day, so you can easily explore your port of call and return to the ship in time for departure.
For those with Saver and Early Saver Fares, shuttle buses are available at approximately £5 per person each way, providing a budget-friendly and convenient option for exploring the port destinations.
Please note that shuttle buses may not be available in every port, more so if the ship docks close to the city centre. In such cases, passengers can choose to explore the area on foot or use other transportation options like taxis or public buses.
In some working cargo ports, it might be unsafe or impossible for passengers to explore on foot. In these situations, P&O Cruises provides a free shuttle bus for everyone, ensuring the safety and convenience of all passengers.
In certain ports, independent buses and taxis may be available as alternative transportation options. Their prices could be similar to the cost of the P&O shuttle bus, allowing passengers to select the most suitable and cost-effective option for their needs.
Shore excursions on P&O Cruises offer a convenient and stress-free way to explore port destinations at an additional charge. Passengers can book excursions using the My P&O Cruises planner.
While these excursions may be more expensive than independent exploration, they provide hassle-free experiences with transportation and activities the cruise line organises. However, some passengers might find the pace of shore excursions rushed and prefer exploring independently for a more relaxed experience.
What Can Onboard Credit Be Spent On?
Onboard credit can be used on various services and amenities, including:
- Drinks (individually or as a package)
- Spa services
- Speciality dining
- Shore excursions (booked on the ship)
- Hair and beauty treatments
- Items from onboard shops
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Artwork from the gallery
- Internet and telephone charges
Booking must be made on the ship to use onboard credit. The terms and conditions for using the credit may vary from ship to ship, so it’s vital to check with the customer service team for more information.
Onboard credit cannot be used for:
- Speciality dining, shore excursions, or spa services booked before embarkation
- Medical charges
- Flight upgrades
- Future cruises
- Casino and arcades
- Foreign currency
- Charity Donations
- Shore excursion cancellation fees
Unused Onboard Credit:
Any unused onboard credit is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Passengers are encouraged to spend any remaining onboard credit at the souvenir shop or other services before disembarkation to maximise this benefit.
Final Thoughts on What’s Included on P&O Cruise Holidays…
P&O Cruise ships provide passengers with a memorable and enjoyable journey. The fare covers comfortable accommodation, diverse dining options, and a variety of onboard entertainment.
Although some services, such as shore excursions and speciality dining, come at an additional cost, passengers can maximise their experience by understanding what’s included.
Ultimately, P&O Cruises offer a delightful blend of relaxation and adventure, creating unforgettable memories for every traveller.