Everyone deserves a holiday. Thankfully, many UK charities are dedicated to making this happen. Today,…
When it comes to family caravan holidays, Butlins has long been a number one choice for those in the UK. For more than 80 years, Butlins caravans, chalets and other accommodation have been providing the perfect base for families looking for the perfect getaway. Of course, as the story goes, it all started with Butlins caravans in Skegness, but now there are two other great destinations to choose from.
If you’ve been looking to plan a Butlins holiday, you’ll have noticed that they offer real value for money. However, with times being as they are and things getting financially tough, everyone is looking for ways to save. While you may well be able to find a Butlins discount code for your break, there is another way to save too: booking a Butlins caravan privately.
While it’s easy to head straight to the Butlins website and book a holiday directly, this isn’t the cheapest option. As you read on, we’re going to explore how a private booking works. We’ll be looking at what makes a Butlins holiday so great and then considering the pros and cons of not booking direct.
Why choose Butlins caravans?
Before we take a look at Butlins caravans in Skegness, and other destinations, let’s take a look at what makes these holiday resorts so popular in the first place. If you’ve already had the pleasure of visiting Butlins, you’ll be well-informed, but if you’re looking for your first Butlins break, you’re sure to find this useful:
Top entertainment at Butlins:
Butlins offers a wide variety of entertainment options for all ages. From shows and performances to activities and attractions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Butlins’ Redcoats, who are the resort’s entertainment team, are known for their high-energy performances and ability to get everyone involved in the fun. There are also special themed breaks and events throughout the year, such as the Just for Tots breaks for families with young children, and the Ibiza Legends music weekends for adults.
Numerous accommodation options:
Families can choose from a range of apartments, chalets, hotels, and caravans, depending on their preferences and budget. Some accommodation options come with self-catering facilities, which can be a great way to save money on meals while still enjoying the convenience of being at a resort.
Family caravan holidays with added convenience:
One of the biggest advantages of a Butlins holiday is the convenience factor. Everything is located on-site, so families don’t need to worry about travelling to different locations for entertainment, activities, and dining. This can be a huge relief for parents who want to relax and enjoy their holiday without the stress of planning and navigating unfamiliar locations.
Butlins resorts also offer a range of dining options, from fast food to sit-down restaurants, with something to suit every taste and budget. There are also convenience stores and supermarkets on-site for those who prefer to cook their own meals.
Butlins is also known for its focus on family-friendly activities and entertainment. The resorts are designed to provide a safe and welcoming environment for families to enjoy quality time together. There are activities and attractions for children of all ages, from soft play areas and splash zones to adventure parks and go-karting.
Butlins and top activities:
Butlins resorts offer a range of sports and leisure activities, such as swimming, archery, fencing, and fitness classes, which can be a great way for families to stay active and healthy while on holiday.
Value for money:
Butlins also offers excellent value for money. There are often special offers and deals available, such as early booking discounts, free child places, and reduced-price breaks outside of peak season. Families can also save money by booking self-catering accommodation or purchasing dining plans in advance. Using a Butlins discount code can save even more money and, as we’ll explore next, so can booking Butlins caravans with private owners.
- Did you know you can buy Day Passes for Butlins without staying on the resort? Learn more here.
Where can you hire Butlins caravans?
If you want to go ahead and book your next family holiday, there are three great locations to choose from. While Butlins caravans Skegness are what is likely to first jump to mind, there are other great locations to consider too.
Butlins has three holiday resorts where you can hire a caravan: Minehead in Somerset, Skegness in Lincolnshire, and Bognor Regis in West Sussex. Each resort offers a wide range of activities and facilities for families, such as swimming pools, water parks, live shows, and sports facilities. Booking a privately owned caravan can be a great way to experience all of this entertainment while saving money.
- Butlins vs Haven Which Holiday Resort is Best for your Family? Find out here.
How much can you save by booking privately owned Butlins caravans?
Depending on the time of year, length of your stay, and the size of the caravan, you could save hundreds of pounds by booking through a private caravan owner. For example, a week-long stay in a 3-bedroom caravan at Butlins Skegness during peak season can cost around £700-£900 when booked directly with Butlins. However, booking through a private caravan owner could cost as little as £400-£500 for the same week. That’s a saving of up to 50%! The cost of hiring a caravan will also depend on the location of the caravan at the resort and the facilities it offers.
The Pros and Cons of family caravan holidays at Butlins
If you’re looking to book a break in Butlins caravans, it’s worth making sure that you know all about the pros and cons. Let’s start with the positive points first:
The Pros of Butlins Caravans:
There are plenty of advantages when it comes to family caravan holidays at Butlins. These include:
- It can be significantly cheaper than booking directly with Butlins. This can make a big difference for families on a budget, especially if you’re staying for a longer period.
- Caravans often offer more space than traditional accommodation options such as apartments or chalets. This can be particularly important for larger families who need more room to spread out.
- Having a kitchen and living area can be very useful, especially for families with young children. Having your own kitchen means that you can save money by preparing your own meals rather than eating out every night, which can be a significant expense on a family holiday.
- Caravans offer a level of privacy that other forms of accommodation don’t provide. This can be particularly useful for families with young children who need a quiet space to nap or play.
The Cons of Butlins Caravans:
While the pros make private Butlins caravans an attractive option, there are also a few watch outs to be aware of:
- You will need to purchase a Butlins pass to use the facilities at Butlins. While this is true whether you book directly with Butlins or through a private owner, some caravan owners may charge extra for the pass, which can add to the overall cost of your holiday.
- The location of the caravan can be an issue. Not all caravans will be located in the most convenient spot on the Butlins resort. Some may be further away from the main facilities, which could be a problem if you have young children or mobility issues. It’s important to check the location of the caravan before booking to ensure that it meets your needs.
- The quality of the caravan can vary. While most caravans will be in good condition, some may be older or not as well-maintained. It’s important to read reviews and check the photos before booking to ensure that the caravan meets your expectations.
It’s worth pointing out that some private caravan owners include the cost of the Butlins Pass in the overall charge. This can mean that it’s tricky to know exactly what you’re paying for it. What really matters is the overall price and if you’re getting a holiday for a bargain.
Should I book a Butlins caravan holiday?
Booking a caravan at Butlins can be a great way to save money on a family holiday while still experiencing all the entertainment and facilities that Butlins has to offer. However, there are pros and cons to consider before booking.
You’ll need to weigh up the cost savings against the potential inconveniences of not being located in the most convenient spot on the resort and the possibility of additional costs for a Butlins pass. But if you’re looking for a spacious and private option that also offers the flexibility of having your own kitchen, then booking a caravan at Butlins could be the perfect solution for your family holiday.
If you’re wanting to enjoy all that Butlins has to offer, privately owned Butlins caravans are definitely worth exploring. There’s a good chance that you’ll make some pretty serious savings, and that’s something that everyone would be grateful of right now.
Be sure to check out reviews of the Butlins resort that you’re considering, and then check out reviews of the caravan owners too. You want to have confidence in your booking and know exactly what you’re getting for your money. Then, it’s just all about enjoying yourself.